Monero is an untraceable currency system that uses a special kind of cryptography to ensure all of the transactions remain untraceable and 100 percent unlinkable. The platform claims that this cryptocurrency is secure and private since we live in an increasingly transparent world so we see why something like this could become so much needed.
In our guide, we will learn the mechanics and origins behind Monero and see what makes it so special.
The first implementation of CryptoNote was launched in 2012 which is an application layer protocol that fuels multiple decentralized currencies. It is similar to the application layer that bitcoin uses and there are many areas where the two differ from each other. Bytecoin had promised to deliver a service but people noticed that a lot of shady things started to happen and that most of the coins were published. The blockchain was later decided to be forked and the new coins will be called Bitmonero which was later named to Monero which translates to ‘’Coin’’ in Esperanto.
Monero is run by 7 developers now and 5 of them have chosen to remain anonymous while two came out to the public. The project is crowdfunded.
Start Here: Learn The Basics Of Monero XMR
Our guide shows this in detail, outlining the different ways in which the Monero team is working on creating a secure and private solution. The goal is to bring a high level of security to people that wish to remain anonymous while transacting.
Our Monero XMR Guide Will Teach You:
- Who created it and what was the main purpose
- The purpose of creating Monero and the main idea behind the cryptocurrency
- How Monero succeeded and became one of the altcoins with the largest market cap
- Who runs the XMR network and how is it secured
- How many XMR tokens are currently in circulation
- Why is Monero trying to disrupt the way of transacting
- What makes Monero different compared to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- What is an XMR token
- What are XMR wallets
- How can you buy XMR
- Where can you learn more about Monero
- Where you can find the main project repositories for Monero
Are you ready to learn more about this amazing project? Click the Curriculum tab and start learning everything about it in our full education program
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 33 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 7959
- Assessments Yes
Monero For Beginners
Monero For Advanced